Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED]

2 posters

Go down

[PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED] Empty [PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED]

Post by Kelly 21/9/2014, 3:57 pm

[PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED] Debatebannerv4_zps0f16445d

Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS?

I saw this on another site and found it to be a fantastic posing question. Mark Gerhard has been responsible for the release of EOC, but also had given the green light to things like the 07 update/return and Bonds, which so far has been more liked than not. Quite a confusing like-dislike throughout his time as CEO to say the least, but the true question is now that he's leaving, will this be the final blow for RS?

Reading material:
– A letter to the RuneScape community from Mod MMG
– Gerhard Leaving JaGex
– Mark Gerhard to Leave JaGex
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED] Empty Re: [PASSED] Is Mark Gerhard's leaving going to be the final blow for RS? [PASSED]

Post by Phileep 21/9/2014, 6:32 pm

For me, the answer is definitely no.

The thought that Runescape will die out in one fell swoop is absurd to me. Rather I think it will die of a gradual descent into obscurity. Any single blow is not enough, it seems. Just look at the results following the Wilderness and Free Trade ban or following eoc. To most of the public these updates were seen as atrocious and yet here we are. The game was hurt, but it bounced back, so to speak. I don't find it likely that any update could be so god-awful that the game will die in flash, let alone the departure of a single man could have that effect.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down