Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED]

5 posters

Go down

[PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED] Empty [PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED]

Post by Gildarts 13/9/2014, 10:22 am

[PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED] Debatebannerv4_zps0f16445d

Should women stay at home?

In the age of apparent equality women are increasingly encouraged to ‘have it all’, balancing career, children and marriage in order to be seen as successful. Some feel this is bad for children who are then cared for by a child-minder, nursery, or member of the extended family. Others feel that no harm comes to children if the alternative care is good and that children may in fact benefit if paid work makes the mother happier and her work improves the family’s living standards.

http://idebate.org/debatabase/debates/education/house-believes-mothers-should-stay-home-and-look-after-their-children
Read up on ideas of arguments here.

I have a mixed belief on this as there are a lot of pros and cons to both. for example if months do stay at home they can provide they children with the love and care they need instead of 5 mins while she is going to bed. However there are a lot of successful women out there that also do find the time to take care of their families and such.

P.S. Sorry if i offended anyone, i had no intentions to do so, this topic is based off a political parties views on the matter and therefore I'm using them as the source of the debate.

Last edited by Gildarts on 16/9/2014, 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED] Empty Re: [PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED]

Post by Broeder 13/9/2014, 10:27 am

Why is it that not a single time in your post you mention the dads staying at home instead?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED] Empty Re: [PASSED] Should Mothers stay at home while the father works? [PASSED]

Post by Gildarts 13/9/2014, 1:04 pm

Broeder wrote:Why is it that not a single time in your post you mention the dads staying at home instead?

Maybe because the question is specified to Women? maybe because it'll be off topic for me to talk about fathers?
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 13/9/2014, 1:19 pm

This discussion is fundamentally about raising children, how is talking about fathers then off topic?

You are trying to discuss the role of a woman in her household without considering the role of her possible partner.
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 13/9/2014, 4:50 pm

I don't think any one parent should be "required" to stay home to be the caregiver. If an individual in the couple chooses that, then fine, but families do work with a working mother and working father. Not so much about staying home and nurturing the child 24/7 as it is just showing the child the proper attention, care, and love [s]he needs. Regardless, doesn't necessarily have to be the woman who stays home. That implies the father is incapable of staying home and being a caring, attentive parent.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 15/9/2014, 7:01 pm

This isn't the old days where they were required to stay home. I feel like everyone should be working and pursuing their dreams woman or man. Each person can equally contribute the house work at the end of the day or at the beginning.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 16/9/2014, 5:31 am

and what about the middle of the day?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 16/9/2014, 9:11 am

Broeder wrote:and what about the middle of the day?

Usually during the middle of the day kids go to school, so the school is like the daycare for the weekdays Razz
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 16/9/2014, 4:29 pm

Daxaal wrote:

Usually during the middle of the day kids go to school, so the school is like the daycare for the weekdays Razz

And the parents would be working or doing other middle of the day activities (eating lunch, for instance).

All in all I agree with Tuff that everyone should be able to follow their dreams if they so desire.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 16/9/2014, 5:50 pm

For the sake of the debate...
I truly do not believe in this notion myself but someone has to do it.

Over the years there has been a huge change in Gender roles but only recently have we as humans have actually made it happen i believe only after the 60 or 70s (some where there) is where the suffragettes were formed and the whole thing with voting and what not happened, however, if you look at it closely enough the woman has always been the nurturer of children while the father was the 'bread bringer', this is also seen in many species within the animal kingdom.
I read some arguments for this online cant remember the website just google in quotations "Gender Roles", there was one party of people who belive giving women higher roled jobs a bad idea due to their menstrual cycle and the problems it commonly causes e.g. pain, mood changes. ect ect. (Thought this may bring up some good debates)

Lastly on behalf of the debate Project a VERY BIG thanks to Mr Rockeye for voluntarily taking his own time to create a banner (which is AWESOME) for us!
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 16/9/2014, 6:38 pm

Gildarts wrote:-snippet-

The bias of women being coined the children nurturer to this day still exists in some small minded individuals, but it's evident that roles can switch–I mean after all, why can't the father be the stay at home parent Razz?

And thanks Rockeye, it looks amazing!!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 16/9/2014, 11:44 pm

If the middle of the day fits their schedule, then by all means they can do it then. But the entire point I was making is that people should pursue their dreams, woman or man.

Kelly wrote:

The bias of women being coined the children nurturer to this day still exists in some small minded individuals, but it's evident that roles can switch–I mean after all, why can't the father be the stay at home parent Razz?

Yeah this applies to smaller countries like in Africa and India where they have no choice but to stay at home and even miss out on school which should be abolished.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down