Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSguru's Merchanting Diary

3 posters

Go down

RSguru's Merchanting Diary Empty RSguru's Merchanting Diary

Post by RSguru 24/11/2013, 6:02 pm

Overview

I have reached the 50m + badge in just 3 weeks!
I have reached the 100m + badge in just 5 weeks!
I am also a mentee, so my skill should advance with each week.
Wish me luck Very Happy 

Exact Total Profit Earned: 122,003,829 gp

Previous Weeks:
Week 1 ------ 24 November 2013 - 30 November 2013 ----- 15,714,163 gp profit:

Week 2 ------ 1 December 2013 - 7 December 2013 ----- 20,154,630 gp profit:

Week 3 ------ 8 December 2013 - 14 December 2013 ----- 26,351,538 gp profit:

Week 4 ------ 16 December 2013 - 22 December 2013 ----- 26,075,420 gp profit:

Week 5 ------ 23 December 2013 - 29 December 2013 ----- 17,729,153 gp profit:

For My Use:

Last edited by RSguru on 6/1/2014, 3:51 am; edited 17 times in total
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

RSguru's Merchanting Diary Empty Re: RSguru's Merchanting Diary

Post by RSguru 24/11/2013, 6:02 pm

Week 6 ------ 30 December 2013 - 5 January 2015 ----- 15,978,925 gp profit:

Last edited by RSguru on 6/1/2014, 3:52 am; edited 26 times in total
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 24/11/2013, 6:03 pm

Reserved
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 24/11/2013, 6:04 pm

Reserved
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 24/11/2013, 6:04 pm

** I am having trouble with ImageShack which is why some images aren't working **
**Should be resolved soon**

Week 2 1 December 2013 - 7 December 2013

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 45.7m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 65.9m

Weekly summary - A great week for a fairly inactive one. I had a good day on the 1st, being able to spend quite a while online. However, it was the inactive flips from the other updates which earned just over 20m profit. The treasure trail items (cloaks especially) are proving very valuable in the flipping world. I have more than doubled my wealth in just 2 weeks! There isn't much I can say about this week, except that it shows that you need to find "your items". Of course, trying other items is great, but once you find the item that works for you and your cash-stack, it is unfathomable how well they can work. Stick with the flipping and I'll see you next week Smile

Date: 1 December 2013

1 - Robin Hood Hat - 150,000 - 3.5%
Started experimenting today with different items. After completing Lesson 3 as a mentee, it was suggested to try some Treasure Trail items. So here it is. This item has a limit of 2, so I used one of the friends chats (fc) to find the buy and sell price. Decent profit for a small investment! Will probably try this again later.
Spoiler:

2 - Mages' Book - 415,000 - 5.7%
Another item suggested by my mentors. Pretty good margin and it didn't take too long to flip. This would be a good item for anyone with < 20m and decent flipping experience. The limit is 10.
Spoiler:

3 - Armadyl Cloak - 7,000,000 - 350%
Decided to redo this flip from last week! This item is still killin' it. It's a limit of 2 per hour so this offer was buying in the GE for like 3 days. I've decided to designate a G.E. slot specifically for this item to run 24/7. We'll see how it goes.
Spoiler:

4 - Dragon Bones - 539,630 - 2.3%
My mentor also suggested this item. I did a few other flips with this item, but they were very low numbers of items so I could see how much the margins fluctuate. My advice: BE CAREFUL. Within a few hours my 1st buy price was well below my final sell price. This can work to your advantage as you can make bigger profits if the item rises, but can hurt your wallet it goes down!
Spoiler:

The days review - Started off the week to a great start, profiting ~8.1m off 4 flips! 3 of the flips were items that I've never done before, so today was more of an experiment which payed off pretty handsomely. Advice of the day: become a mentee! The mentors can give you items, tricks, and advice that you may have never thought of trying. Be creative and keep making those gp's!

Date: 3 December 2013

1 - Saradomin Cloak - 1,400,000 - 35.0%
After having huge successes with the Armadyl cloak, I decided to try a higher valued one. Clearly the dividends pay off. They don't buy or sell as quickly, but I have no problem being patient when it comes to a flip worth well over 1m. Highly suggest the cloaks as items for people who can be patient with their flips.
Spoiler:

2 - Saradomin Cloak - 1,600,000 - 40.0%
Obviously I have had success with this items, so I did it again and tried to stretch the margins a little^. Slight improvement!
Spoiler:

3 - Zamorak Cloak - 400,000 - 40.0%
Tried the last of the cloaks. This one is by far the slowest of the bunch. Still a great profit off of one item. Will probably continue doing the cloaks and rotating through until the margins get cut tooo much.
Spoiler:

The days review - I was quite busy yesterday and today with IRL stuffs, so I used these as inactive flips for the two days. It worked fabulously and I made out with 3.4m, logging in twice. I will be busy the next few days as well, considering I have a huge exam on Friday morning. Hopefully the next few days prove that this flipping method is really what it seems after a few attempts! I'm hoping I can remain hot after two great days, unlike last week! Very Happy

Date: 7 December 2013

1 - Armadyl Cloak - 3,850,000 - 350%
Had an extremely busy week, so I just put a few offers like this one into the Grand Exchange to guarantee me profit without fear of the prices dropping over a few days.
Spoiler:

2 - Saradomin Cloak - 3,000,000 - 37.5%
Same explanation as the previous flip^^
Spoiler:

3 - Zamorak Cloak - 1,800,000 - 45%
Same explanation as the previous flips^^
Spoiler:

The days review - Like I said earlier in this update, I was quite busy with IRL stuffs, so I used these as inactive flips for the past few days. It worked fabulously and I made out with ~8.65m, logging in twice. I just recovered from celebrating after my huge exam, so I should have some good updates coming up the next few days. I am going to have a few GE slots reserved for these items while I flip other more active items. Very Happy

Last edited by RSguru on 6/1/2014, 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobbra 25/11/2013, 9:58 am

Good luck with this man Smile
Kobbra
Kobbra
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 11/12/2013, 3:30 pm

Week 3 8 December 2013 - 14 December 2013

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 65.9m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 92.2m

Weekly summary - Another improvement from the previous week! I set a new personal record with ~26.3m. A few things I was able to do this week:
1) Improve margins on Saradomin Cloaks
2) Begin comparing flipping different types of bones
3) Realize that reverting to old items can improve previous margins
4) Reached 50m profit in 3 weeks (will be applying for badge!)  bounce 

I expect to continue with the bones as well as expand into other higher wealth items. I completed my mentee homework for lesson 4, so I will probably be getting lesson 5 early in the week. This should allow me to expand my flipping into higher wealth or items with a limit of 1. Hopefully this continues to expand my abilities and allow me to continue to top my personal bests for weekly profit!!

Date: 9 December 2013

1 - Saradomin Cloak - 8,053,950 - 41.4%
Once again I am having success with this cloak. This set a new record for profit on one flip for me. Following the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. As long as I continue to see large margins like this, expect to keep seeing it in my log. This is by far the fastest cloak right now, bringing in 2 every 4 hours (the limit). The other cloaks aren't quite bringing in the limit right now.
Spoiler:

2 - Bandos Cloaks - 1,500,000 - 333.3%
Finally got some Bandos Cloaks to come in. This has been BY FAR the hardest cloak to get my hands on. I've been playing with the margins for a few days, and finally got some to buy at 150k each. They still only bought at a rate of ~1 per day, but at a margin of 500k ea, I can't complain. They might not be as good as the other TT (treasure trail) cloaks, but a great back-up or addition to my regulars.
Spoiler:

The days review - I don't want to call today a slow day....buttt only two flips were completed and recorded. Even though they recorded a profit of approximately 9.5m, it was a SLOW day. It seemed that none of my buy offers were filling. Some of the friend chats I hop to and from had people complaining of similar issues. So hopefully it was just a slow day and at least it wasn't just me. I keep having insane success with the cloaks, so I keep bringing them back. I tried to vary the items a little, but like I said, nothing was filling. Guess I'll try again tomorrow!

Date: 10 December 2013

1 - Zamorak Cloak - 4,750,000 - 47.5%
Once again, like the Saradomin Cloak, I continue having success. My offers for these cloaks fill almost as fast as the Saradomin Cloak, nearly reaching 2 every 4 hours. If it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality is staying around, don't be surprised if this flip comes back in the near future.
Spoiler:

2 - Elder Logs - 512,500 - 1.6%
Finally something that isn't a cloak! These were suggested by one of the Mentors in my flipping group. So, I gave them a shot and was pleasantly surprised. They bought in around 30-40 minutes. I tried to sell them overnight, but when I logged on, only around half had sold. I retested the high price and it was about 20gp less than my sell price. I almost reset my sell, but decided to try to wait it out because my sell price was still the medium price on the G.E. Patience paid off in this situation as the rest of the inventory sold by 2:00 pm. Bringing in a decent, but rather stressful ~500k. I would suggest this item if you can keep an eye on them.
Spoiler:

The days review - At last, one of my offers that wasn't a cloak filled. Another good day with ~5.25m profits on just 2 flips. I'm trying to include other items (other than cloaks) into this, but the profits from the cloaks are just toooo tantalizing. I spent some of the day searching for some new items, which led to a few ideas for tomorrow. Hopefully these items will work out. Regardless, solid profits from ~40m invested!

Date: 11 December 2013

1 - Saradomin Cloak - 7,969,852 - 41.9%
So, something interesting happened with this flip. The first cloak bought 969,852gp below my offer price. This scared me a lot, but since the 2nd one didn't buy, I knew that I still had the highest buy price in the G.E. So, knowing that I've had a great history of selling the cloaks at about 2.7-2.8m, I decided to leave the current offer in. It filled in about the same time as usual and just added to the profit I usually make from these cloaks.
Spoiler:

2 - Frost Dragon Bones 1 - 239,040 - 1.45%
Today, I decided that it was time to get my Prayer level up to 92, so I could have access to the higher level curses for some bossing. Buying the bones made me curious as to how good of a flip it would be. Turns out that they are a VERY fast flip with a 1k limit. Bought and sold in a total of 8 minutes (yes, I actually timed it).  Talk about an immediate ~240k profit. I'm going to do these again later today to see if it's the same!
Spoiler:

3 - Frost Dragon Bones 2 - 120,420 - 1.63%
So here is the second try of the day. I put them in to buy overnight (not always the smartest idea for active items). However, as you can see, they didn't completely buy. So I retested the sell price and sold what had bought in about 5ish minutes. If it had completely filled, it would have been an ~250-260k profit at this margin. A solid profit for such a quick item.
Spoiler:

4 - Dragon Bones - 731,376 - 1.49%
Like I said above, I'm working on prayer. So after buying a limit of bones, I waited 4 hours for the limit to reset, and attempted to flip them. As you can see I had some trouble with over and under-cutters while I was buying and selling. This was a fairly quick flip, completing everything in about an hour. These were a little better than the frost dragon bones (not % wise, but by profit/limit) since the limit is 10k. The price fluctuates a lot on these, so I wouldn't suggest investing a high percentage of your cash-stack.
Spoiler:

5 - Airut Bones - 950,000- 1.96%
So, I'm on a streak with the bones. In case you don't know what Airut bones are: They are the bones of a new slayer monster that was released about a week and a half ago. They drop these bones which provide experience between that of Dragon and Frost Dragon Bones (haven't looked up exact xp numbers yet). So, since I had been trying out bones, I decided to give these a shot as well. Although there is a limit of 10,000, I only flipped 5,000 because of my cash-stack and other offers that were running at the same time. I bought them in 15 minutes, and sold them fairly quickly (under 45 minutes - not sure because I was out skilling while they sold). A great easy 950k right there.
Spoiler:

The days review - Today was a day of prayer - as in lots and lots of bones. I tried three types: Dragon, Frost Dragon, and Airut. I'm going to keep a running tally on my computer of profits and percentages with these bones and try to figure out which one is best as time continues. As of right now, it seems that the Airut bones are a little better than the others. This is probably due to how new and popular they are among the PvM and Prayer world. Also, since they are new, a lot of merchants might be hesitant to try them for fear of crashing (like quite a few new items do after a few days/weeks after they were released - look at malevolent equipment for examples). I also finished another cloak flip, per usual, which put the cap on a great day. I brought in just over 10m on 5 flips, and figured out what my G.E. screen will look like for the next few days. Amen (prayer joke  Rolling Eyes ).

Date: 14 December 2013

1 - Dragon Bonese - 1,078,000 - 2.26%
I took a few days off to do some quests and start studying for finals. It worked out because the prices of bones have been moving and fluctuating quite a bit over the past few days. I didn't have the time to sit and watch the margins while trying to complete the flips. Today I had some extra time so I decided to give them a shot. They turned out to be a little better than my last attempt (1.49% margin).
Spoiler:

2 - Astral Rune - 446,400 - 6.38%
It has been a while since I've done a rune flip. I tested a number of runes and the Astrals had the best margin (by quite a bit). This flip is an easy profit for any cash-stack over 10m. The prices do fluctuate throughout the day, but through my experiences, they sell for high overnight (EST). So: if they drop right after you buy, put them in for your actual sell price and they SHOULD bounce back and sell at some point. This kind of profit is worth an inventory slot.
Spoiler:

The days review - Although it was a slow day in the flips aspects for me (only recording 2 flips), I was able to record an ~1.5m profit and set my G.E. up for tomorrow! I made two good decisions: 1) sticking with dragon bones 2) resorting back to Astral runes. I don't really have much more to say about today other than that it was a decent ending to the week.
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 17/12/2013, 9:30 pm

Week 4 16 December 2013 - 22 December 2013

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 92.2m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 118.3

Weekly summary - Another record breaking week for me! I set a new personal best for # of flips at 18, and almost profit at just over 26m. Below are some great item ideas for a wide range of flippers. Several items are great for low-wealth flippers, while other items should only be tried by higher-wealth flippers. I tried to include a variety of items this week in an attempt to search the market for a new great find. A few items stood out to me:

1) Luminous Energy (30% margin)
2) Rocktail Soup (1.6m profit on one flip, 4.6m profit on the other)
3) Dharok's Greataxe (300k profit on a ~5m investment)
4) Virtus Robe Top (> 1m profit on a limit of 2)

These items vary from high wealth (Virtus & Rocktail Soup) to low wealth (Luminous Energy & Dharok's Greataxe). Both categories have their advantages and can be very profitable as seen below! I can't wait to keep this going -- fingers are crossed that my success continues. Hopefully those records are broken again next week!

Date: 16 December 2013

1 - Frost Dragon Bones - 292,050 - 1.90%
I am still training prayer, so I decided to throw out another flip of these bad boys. They bought in about 10 minutes and sold within a few minutes. Again, a very easy ~300k profit with just over a 15m investment.
Spoiler:

2 - Magic Logs - 365,490 - 1.27%
I had completed both a yew log flip and an elder log flip previously in my diary. I had some success with both the items, so I decided to give magic logs a shot. They bought in about 40 minutes, being completed in short spurts (probably due to over-cutters). I sold them overnight and woke up with a nice 365k profit with an under 29m investment.
Spoiler:

3 - Zamorak Cloak - 4,750,000 - 47.5%
These cloaks are now filling the fastest (compared to Saradomin, Bandos, and Zamorak - I still have yet to find a margin for ancient). They bought in about 30 hours (10 hours more than minimum) and sold in about 6-8 hours (while I was out for the day). They are slowly creeping into my #1 favorite slot as the offers are consistently completing.
Spoiler:

The days review - Today was a decent day with a quick frost bones flip. I made around 5.5m with three flips. I figured out that magic logs fit nicely in between yews and elders for flipping purposes. The cloaks are still doing great, but some of the others besides Zamorak have slowed down. I was given lesson 5 today (on high wealth FC flipping) as well as given some suggested items by my mentors, so the results should start to come in the next few days.  Very Happy 

Date: 17 December 2013

1 - Rocktail Soup - 4,609,280 - 7.40%
This was a pleasant surprise! I tested this item and got about a 100 gp profit per item, but were well below the mid value (GE value). So, once they bought, I decided to hold on to them for the night since they are a fairly stable item and should rebound to around the GE value. The next morning I checked the sell price and tada...the price had risen above the GE price for a nice 520gp profit on each soup. So, if you buy a fairly stable item well below GE price, you can wait for it to rebound and multiply your profits!
Spoiler:

2 - Blue Dragon Leather - 1,029,000 - 2.50%
This was one of the items suggested by Kelly (one of the mentors). I had also seen a few other members of SM try this item and find success, so I decided to see what all the hype was about. My buy filled in about 20 minutes (in chunks of ~1500 leathers), and then sold within an hour. I would suggest this flip to anyone with a rather large cash-stack to do on the side of other flips as it doesn't require much attention at all. If you don't have enough cash to do the whole limit, break it up into smaller chunks (i.e. 3300 three times OR 5000 two times).
Spoiler:

3 - Pernix Cowl - 500,000 - 1.87%
This was one of the items I was taught how to flip using the 'nex and ss' FC. I chose this item simply because it was one of the cheaper items that was frequently price-checked within the fc. This not only allowed me to get more comfortable with this method, but also allowed me to keep a close watch on other people's attempts - to alter my own offers. It took me about 2 hours to buy the two cowls, just because I had to play with the offers quite a bit. They sold within an hour without me having to change my offer. This is definitely a flip that requires more attention than others that I have posted, but it is actually fun because I'm not just waiting for my order to fill.
Spoiler:

4 - Saradomin Cloak - 5,000,000 - 25%
Unfortunately, that time has come. Not only are the cloaks buying and selling slower, the margin is beginning to shrink. Don't get me wrong, 5m profit on a 20m investment is fantastic, but when compared to the 7-8m profits I was getting before, it is a little disappointing. Regardless, this item remains a great flip for anyone with over 5m. The 10 capes took about 2 days to buy and another 12ish hours to sell. The limit is 2 / 4 hours, so only a 4m investment was necessary for the 4 hour limit. P.S. if anyone tries these cloaks, I would love to hear any success stories (or failures) as I am very intrigued by them.
Spoiler:

The days review - I was able to check a few things off my list today. The first was to complete a higher wealth fc flip (pernix cowls), which made me a 500k profit. The second was finish at least one mentor suggested item (blue dragon leather), which made me just over 1m profit.  Those two check marks, coupled with a saradomin cloak flip and a great rocktail soup flip earned approximately 12.2m on just 4 flips. Today proved that combining old knowledge and experience with new education and tricks can lead to significant profits as displayed above^.

Date: 19 December 2013

1 - Off-Hand Drygore Rapier - 575,000 - 1.06%
This was my first flip with the '90weaps pc' friends chat. Typically, people try for an 800k - 1m profit with these items, but since it was my first attempt, I was pretty conservative with the margins. The buy offer completed within 30 minutes and sold within 30 minutes. It seems like it is fairly easy to flip these when there is a price checker online, but sometimes there isn't one available, which is when I go back to 'nex and ss' fc. Perhaps when my cash-stack is a little larger, I will be able to do some main hand Drygores!
Spoiler:

2 - Dragon 2h sword - 464,000 - 5.17%
This item was given to me for homework after lesson #5, so it was mentor-suggested. It is a good active item for anyone with over 10m. The limit is 10, but I bought the 8 in 20-25 minutes and sold within an hour (it appeared as though I was undercut at some point because none sold for about 20 minutes in the middle). The graph gives the impression that they are a fairly stable item, so we don't really have to worry about them crashing.
Spoiler:

3 - Armadyl Cloak - 3,850,000 - 350%
Similar to my Saradomin Cloak flip from my last update, the offers have started to fill slower. It took me about 2 days to get 11 cloaks. I left the offer in for another day, but not even 1 more cloak came in. I have definitely been over-cut, so I will have to find new margins if I want to continue flipping this item. They still sold at the price I usually sell them at (450k each), so thankfully I will not have to find a new sell price Smile.
Spoiler:

4 - Blood Rune - 498,000 - 7.14%
This was another item assigned for homework after lesson #5, so my mentor suggested it. They bought very slowly compared to some of my other rune flips, taking ~1.5 hours. I sold them overnight to awake to a near 500k profit! This is another good item for anyone with over 10m to use as a side flip while waiting for other offers to fill!
Spoiler:

The days review - I completed two more assignments today (for my mentor group), as well as made my first complete flip with the '90weaps pc' friends chat. Overall, today was more of an experimental day, trying out the fc and figuring out how it all works, as well as flipping 3 items I had never tried before. After four flips, I walked away with around 5.3m. However, my confidence in fc flipping is growing and I still have a few more mentor-suggested items on my list, so the success should continue through the rest of the week!

Date: 21 December 2013

1 - Frost Dragon Bones - 176,400 - 1.23%
I decided to give these another try. Unfortunately, the sell price dropped pretty quickly while I was buying. The whole flip took about 35 minutes, but the minimal profit almost makes it not worth the investment. Those who are looking for a quick ~200k, can still flip these with success towards that goal.
Spoiler:

2 - Dharok's Greataxe - 312,000 - 7.43%
This was the final item for my homework as a mentee. They bought in about 45 minutes and sold in another 30. This is a much better choice than the Frosts above. This is proven by both the profits and percents. A 300k profit on a 4.2m investment is MUCH better than 176k on a 15m investment. These are the perfect item for someone with under 10m. Look to see these in future updates!
Spoiler:

3 - Snape Grass - 392,000 - 4.71%
So like the previous bone flips, I decided to try this flip because I have switched my efforts to Herblore. Secondary ingredients for this skill are typically dropped by monsters, or in this case, farmed (spawn farming and farm farming). Typically people with this item are looking to instant sell, while people looking to train herblore are looking to instant buy. This sets the item up to have some good margins as you can see here. This item is good for anyone with 10-15m or as a side flip for the wealthier flippers!
Spoiler:

4 - Luminous Energy - 196,000 - 30.8%
I have heard a few people ranting about how divination is now a 'buy-able' skill. And while people are still racing to 99 divination for max cape, I decided to give one of the higher level energies a try. Turns out, there is a 5k limit, but a huge return on investment! I was pleasantly surprised and will probably test out other types of energy on the side of my larger flips! These seem like the perfect item for a low-wealth flipper (< 10m).
Spoiler:

5 - Virtus Robe Top - 1,050,000 - 2.17%
I consider this my flip of the day. This is what I was working on while all the smaller side flips (listed above) were rattling through. I am slowly getting more familiar with 'nex and ss' fc. I saw a price check that was well below the ge price, so I put a buy offer in. By the time it filled, the price had increased about 200k in the fc. I decided to wait about 2 hours to see if the item kept rising a bit. In fact, I went from making a planned 550k to a nearly doubled 1.05m! Comparing the buy price to the ge price can be a useful tool if done correctly, and I will probably start taking chances like this more often if the rewards are worth the risk.
Spoiler:

6 - Raw Rocktail - 382,200 - 1.19%
I have been having success with Rocktail Soup, so I decided to try an ingredient for that. Unfortunately, the success did not carry over. I still made a decent profit and have seen better margins on this item. The whole flip took about an hour, which makes the profit return not as terrible.
Spoiler:

7 - Rocktail Soup - 1,634,000 - 2.15%
I managed to get 4m profit last time I attempted Roctail Soup, so I decided to go ahead with the item again. It wasn't quite the same level of success, but close. Once again, the item was buying for well under med price, so I bought almost a full limit of them. By the time they bought, the price had risen a little, changing my expected profit form 1.2m to the 1.6m you see above Very Happy
Spoiler:

The days review - Today was a good day for volume of flips. With 7 flips recorded, I have set a new personal best for flips in a day since I started this diary. I also found some promising items such as the energies and Dharok's Greataxe. On the flip side, I figured out that if one item is great, its ingredient may not be so great (i.e. Rocktail Soup vs. Raw Rocktail). Finally, I completed a great flip using 'nex and ss' which is continuing to build my confidence in putting that much investment into 1 or 2 items.[/color]
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 29/12/2013, 7:15 am

Week 5 23 December 2013 - 29 December 2013

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 118.3m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 136.0m

Weekly summary - The holidays took a chunk of time away from my flipping capabilities. However, even with the lost time, I still managed an approximate 17.7m profit. I started the week with three flips, 2 of which consisted of 'nex and ss' items, and concluded the week with 10 flips including a variety of items! All in all, I believe this week was successful. Although it didn't break any of my previous records (or come even close), I believe my ability has slightly improved on some of the more costly items.

One accomplishment I did achieve this week: 100m+ profit logged. I will be applying for a badge upgrade shortly. I am personally impressed that I have been able to raise my cash pile from 30m to 136m in just 5 weeks. This is the point where I find it necessary to give a shout-out to my mentors and thank them for providing me with the knowledge to accomplish this (Thanks Mentors!)

Date: 23 December 2013

1 - Virtus Mask - 1,250,000 - 2.59%
When I entered the 'nex and ss' fc, there was no price-checker online. So I waited for somebody to post an offer that they had completed. Once I had some idea of the prices of this item, I entered an offer. After about 25 minutes, without buying the masks, I upped it by 100k. The offer filled within 5 minutes. I then sold them 15 minutes later without having to adjust the price.
Spoiler:

2 - Rocktail Soup - 738,885 - 1.35%
I had been having success with this item in the past, so I came back to it. The margin I tested was slightly better than what I ended up with, but still a decent profit for 2 hours buying and overnight selling.
Spoiler:

The days review - With the holidays getting closer, I didn't have a ton of time to flip this today. I actually spent about 4 hours in a car, and 3 more in a house with no wifi. I make out really well making nearly 2m on just two flips. I branched out with the mask a little, while leaning on an old reliable flip.

Date: 25 December 2013

1 - Virtus Mask - 772,820 - 1.60%
Merry Christmas everybody. I found about a half hour between celebrations to squeeze a log-in. I managed to buy these in 5 minutes (severe over-cut) and sold them in about 20. The profit would usually be better, but knowing I had limited time, I took all that I could.
Spoiler:

The days review - The holidays are a time for family. So that's why I had no flips for the 24th and one flip for the 25th. I made out pretty well for only having 30 minutes to play, gathering just over 750k. In the next few days, the activity will pick up Very Happy

Date: 28 December 2013

1 - Airut Bones - 4,251,240 - 4.66%
I notice that the bones had slightly dropped over the holiday. So I decided to test the margins and found a decent profit. Once the bones stopped buying (2ish hours), my sell price had jumped significantly, resulting in the profit you see Smile
Spoiler:

2 - Dragon 2h Sword - 800,000 - 8.33%
I looked back at last week. I saw that said I would do this item agian, so I did it again, improving on the old stats. A nice easy flip that took no more than an hour to buy and sell. A very good flip for anyone with over 10m!
Spoiler:

3 - Zamorak Cloak - 4,500,000 - 45.0%
The patented cloak flip. I put in the buy before xmas, and switched it to sell late last night. These are definitely slowing down now. The buy period had lengthened to 3-4 days (compared to 1.5-2 days). I will never be able to give up on the cloaks, but it may be time to start rotating which ones are flipped.
Spoiler:

4 - Rocktail Soup - 990,000 - 1.25%
I decided to put this in while I was capping at the citadel. They bought in just under 3 hours and sold overnight. Got the pretty standard ~1m profit, and continue to have success with this item.
Spoiler:

The days review - A break from the holidays (between xmas and new years! I finally got a chance to sit down and actually play the game. I ended up completing 4 successful flips which landed me a nice 10.5m profit (~2.6m per flip average). My best flip today was the airut bones, as I compiled knowledge and skill from my mentee sessions to make that flip successful. I have a lot of work to do if I want to break any records set from my previous weeks!

Date: 29 December 2013

1 - Barrows Totem - 98,505 - 99.0%
I figured these would be a good item since people doing Barrows runs just want to get rid of them and people doing advance barrows would just want to instant buy them. However, I forgot to check the buy limit before attempting them. The limit on these items is 10, so it took me ~40 hours to buy them, and 20 minutes to sell them. In my opinion, this item really isn't worth the the time or energy for the minimal profit there is to be gained.
Spoiler:

2 - Obsidian Cape - 665,000 - 19.72%
I had flipped these long, long ago - before I started this diary - with some success. These capes are the type of item that lower level players buy as armor, OR players wear when they know there is a higher chance of dying (minimizing losses). Therefore, the demand of these capes is there, which makes for a good flipping item. They bought in about an hour and sold within 25-30 minutes. A great side flip for the wealthier player, but also a great flip for someone with ~10m or even less.
Spoiler:

3 - Wine of Zamorak - 1,898,975 - 7.67%
Herblore secondaries can make great flips. Usually because farmers (people collecting the item) are just looking to sell immediately and make their profit. At the same time, people training herblore are looking to get the necessary items in one shot, and buy them instantly. What do you get when you combine those to needs? A great margin. I didn't quite get my offer to completely fill as the price rose while I was buying, but I took advantage of that while selling. The flip took a total of 2 hours (1.5 to buy and 30 minutes to sell).
Spoiler:

4 - Snape Grass - 901,700 - 13.5%
Continuing with herblore secondaries, I attempted snape grass. Again, the margins on the secondaries prove to be great. This is attributed to farmers instant selling, and herblore trainers instantly buying the item. It took about 2 hours to buy the limit and another hour or so to sell them.
Spoiler:

5 - Brilliant Energy - 346,500 - 58.3%
Just the other day, I was talking to someone with 98 divination. They commented on how they were 'buying' 99 by purchasing energy through the G.E. During that discussion they said that they were able to save a ton of money by non-instant buying the energy overnight. I took that as advice to try to flip the energy, so I went for it. This was a near immediate flip, buying the energy in 10 minutes and selling in just 5. Highly recommend this flip to everyone as a side flip, or the lower wealth flippers for immediate results.
Spoiler:

6 - Luminous Energy - 525,528 - 54.4%
Since I had just had success with Brilliant energy, I tested the margins for several other energies. This was my best remaining option (since I had hit the limit on Brilliant - 5k). Once again, the buy took about 10-15 minutes and they sold within 5 minutes. I suggest flipping these divination energies to anyone and everyone as both side flips or main flips for the less wealthy.
Spoiler:

The days review - This was a nice way to wrap up the week. I didn't quite have a good enough day to close out the week with a new record, but I am more than happy with a ~4.4m profit for the day. I spent most of the day experimenting with some items and was kinda looking for items to flip on the side of the nex and drygore items. All the items I used had great margins, which is always fun to see.
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 6/1/2014, 1:18 am

Week 6 30 December 2013 - 5 January 2014

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 136.0m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 151.9m

Weekly summary - This week I made a profit just under 16m (15,978,925 gp). Not the best of weeks as it was one of my lowest profiting weeks since starting this diary. The number of flips was low due to the tail end of the holidays and some in-game goals that took priority early in the week.

A few items took a turn for the worst mid-flip and others rebounded at just the right time to increase my profits. Now that my total merchantable wealth is over 150m, look for some even higher wealth flips, especially those with investments of over 100m. Hopefully I can get back to the multitude of flips necessary to break my profit records in the next few weeks!

Date: 30 December 2013

1 - Armadyl Godsword - 365,128 - .85%
This item was suggested by one of my mentors. I decided to give it a go and got an easy 365k. They took about 40 minutes to buy and another 20 to sell. The profits on these should be better, so I probably just had some bad timing. I'll try them again in the next few days.
Spoiler:

2 - Arcane Spirit Shield - 875,000 - 4.83%
After getting used to the 'nex and ss' fc, I decided that it was time to give the spirit shields a try. So here was the first one I've done. It took me about an hour to get one to buy as there was no pc-er online. It bought well below the g.e. value, so I set the sell price a little higher than the price-check on the forum said. The item rebounded toward the g.e. value and I came away with almost 900k profit after 2 hours of selling.
Spoiler:

The days review - Most of my day was spent on the arcane shield. That, and I'm working toward getting curses, so I was skilling and questing quite a bit today. Regardless, around 1.2m isn't bad for just 2 flips of that magnitude. There should be more flips after the new year. Oh yeah! Happy new year! Very Happy

Date: 1 January 2014

1 - Saradomin Cloak - 6,000,000 - 31.6%
The patented flip finished today. They are really slowing down now as it took almost a week just to get 10 cloaks. However, it sill only takes a few hours to sell them (thankfully). Regardless of how slow they buy, it is the easiest 6m I've ever made over and over again. If you are doing this item - stay patient!
Spoiler:

2 - Gloves of Silence - 395,675 - 38.6%
I've been training hunter, and notice how high the instant-buy prices of the Gloves of Silence are (above G.E.). To my surprise (I didn't look until afterwards), the limit on these are 100. I bought them overnight, which led to the nearly 300 gloves (~3 limits), and sold them within an hour. This is a good item to do if you have between 1m-10m, in my opinion.
Spoiler:

3 - Armadyl Godsword - 984,000 - 2.00%
I said I would try this item again this week. I had quite the improvement at nearly 3x profit and an improved .85% margin to 2.00% margin. Once again, it took around 30-40 minutes to buy and 15ish minutes to sell. Just a reminder that the limit on godswords are 10...ALL godswords. So if you buy 3 bgs's and 7 ags's, you have reached the limit.
Spoiler:

The days review - Happy New Year! What a great way to start 2014. I made ~7.4m on just three flips. Two of them were around a 30% margin, which is awesome. The third made just under 1m which is always a great flip for someone with my cash-stack. Obviously the cloak flip makes up a majority of my profit, but the other two flips were no slouchers.

Date: 3 January 2014

1 - Rocktail Soup - 2,401,722 - 3.42%
I decided to use this item again. Part of that decision was that I've had success with it in the past. Also, the 'Behind the Scenes January' indicates that some changes to high level PvM are coming. These always increase the demand on high level foods such as sharks, rocktails, and these soups. They bought in just over an hour and I sold them overnight. A great flip for anyone with ~100m.
Spoiler:

2 - Yew Seed - 589,000 - 9.95%
Items that are high in demand for skilling are typically instant-bought by those is need of them. Similarly, people collecting them, from drops/kingdom of miscellenia just want to get rid of them and collect their money. This combination creates great margins like this on Yew Seeds. The limit on these is 100. I bought my 96 in about 30 minutes and sold them within 5 (all in one update).
Spoiler:

3 - Off-Hand Drygore Rapier - 1,975,000 - 3.80%
I may consider this one of the best flips in my diary. The goal while flipping drygores is to get ~800k-1m per. As you can see, I nearly doubled that in this flip. Market price for this item was 54m when I was trying to flip it. '90weaps pc' informed me that the drygore was 52-53m so I put an offer in for just over 52m. It bought within 30 minutes. I then looked at the graph again and notice that I bought well below market, so I put an offer in just over market price. 3 hours later, I opened my g.e. window to see ~2m profit.
Spoiler:

4 - Elysian Spirit Shield - 250,000 - .71%
I decided to try another Spirit Shield using 'nex and ss' pc. There was no pc'er online, so I decided to use their forums to get my price check. I didn't look at the time of the most recent update (it was outdated), so I nearly paid dearly for that. I instant-bought the shield. Luckily, it was below market price and I was able to salvage 250k profit once the price rebounded a few hours later.
Spoiler:

The days review - I got a little more time to flip today - and it was a good day. I managed ~5.2m on just 4 flips. Three of my flips were fairly impressive while 1 was less than stellar (Elysian Spirit Shield). That being said, I am very proud of both the Rocktail soup and Off-Handed Drygore Rapier flip. Utilizing runescape news - such as behind the scenes - can show what items are going to be highly traded in the near future (rockatail soup). Utilizing the g.e. prices and graphs can help expand margins as well as salvage not-so-spectacular flips (drygore/ellysian ss).

Date: 5 January 2014

1 - Bowstring - 196,000 - 11.8%
I've seen several suggestions on the forums to flip these if you are a low-wealth flipper. I had a lot of my cash invested in other flips, so I decided to give them a shot in my open G.E. slot. They bought in 15 minutes and sold in 25. It's true, they are a good low-wealth item (< 5m) or decent as a side flip.
Spoiler:

2 - Elder Logs - 127,400 - 0.31%
I hit some bad luck on this item. When I checked the margins, it showed that I would make around 500k on the flip. By the time my buy offer filled, the price had decreased so much that I could only manage this amount. Regardless, it's a profit and I'm glad I didn't lose anything. I've had some success with these in the past, so one poor flip won't keep me away from trying them again.
Spoiler:

3 - Magic Logs - 95,000 - 0.62%
I tried to redeem myself from the elder logs with magic logs...it didn't work. Pretty much the same thing happened with the price dropping while they bought. The entire flip took about an hour, so it was quite disappointing. I've had success with this item in the past, so one weak flip won't keep me away.
Spoiler:

4 - Drygore Longsword - 1,225,000 - 1.30%
Once again, the goal for Drygore flips is ~1m. Although, with this item being worth nearly 100m, the goal is a little over 1m. I was able to hit that goal resulting in 1,225k profit. It took about 15 minutes to buy using the '90weaps pc' fc. It then sold about 20 minutes later for a quick profit. This is a great item to flip when it is below mid G.E. price and hit a rebound to make even bigger profits.
Spoiler:

5 - Torva Platebody - 500,000 - .39%
This was my first flip of over a 100m investment, and I went way over that number -127m. I didn't get a great pc while looking to flip this item as I only profited 250k per platebody. I figured I wasn't going to get a huge profit considering they bought within 3 minutes. This means I put in the highest (or one of the highest) offers in the G.E. This was almost too high of an investment for my cash-stack because there wasn't much else for me to work with in the mean-time.
Spoiler:

The days review - Finally got a lot of time to flip some items. The margins weren't all that great today and I struggled to make a 2.2m on the flips. That being said, I made my first flip with an over 100m investment and successfully flipped a drygore long with a good profit.
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 14/1/2014, 10:07 pm

I'm quite impressed with how much money you've made in the past month! You've got some amazing profits on some of these items, and to that I say congrats! I don't have the patience for the cloaks, but they sure have paid off for you! Very nice diary Very Happy
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 14/1/2014, 10:14 pm

MerchTilIDie wrote:I'm quite impressed with how much money you've made in the past month! You've got some amazing profits on some of these items, and to that I say congrats! I don't have the patience for the cloaks, but they sure have paid off for you! Very nice diary Very Happy

Hey thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to look over my diary. It's always nice to know someone is using what I upload to the forum. As for the cloaks, I'm starting to lose patience for them as they have really slowed down. Hope you saw something useful. It will be another week wrote I can update this again as I am taking a mini-vacations. Hope you can check out te future updates!
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down