Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask all your skilling questions here!

+94
Daxaal
Paradijs
Sakanator
Curve Crush
Bom
VerMac
David Archie
diegohage
PvM Shredz
thespacebar
MyLifeIsMerch
Milan1899
pigs can fly
ZJXMad
larx
Igotmoney
Forsaken
bobsaget2
VitaminG
Google
Warlord
qwertyXz
thermal44
Tempo
Cloakraider
Jomama507
McGunthy
UbFreaky
Illusionist
Die4theHunt
Black
Inomonu
Mitch
Tawny779
syprs
Riolu
alik
Daba
JohnieQuest
OnceDead
Kelly
kierren6
w 4 l t 3 r
prutsertjeeh
zealva
Fire
kamikaze7523
Mr Zuidenaar
Obzidian
Sevar
spudmyster
aLetterbox
Princess Toon
emandemon
Begone13
Lucky
Hmm Ninja
official swag
TLW Aaron
Season
CharlieM
Sour Skittles
<3 Page <3
99flirt
MrDangari
God_Woration
Obese
Ranging
Cald
A Ninja
Grewmente
Beasley
ace123
Extravagance
I Tank Arma
sk8ter911
Forge1
D'n'B
weena king
jake j25
Elysian
h4xed
Cool
Calvin & Hobbes
panda-explosion
Core743
Alex711
NoBoysZone
Ghostim16
Broeder
w58658
Valinxh
cracker
Divine
98 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 6 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 30/6/2011, 8:17 pm

what you may add to the format is if you're f2p or p2p.
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 6 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Divine 30/6/2011, 9:17 pm

Obzidian wrote: Skill you need help on: Range
- Level in the skill: 83
- Level goal: 91-99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: like 10m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Ankous? Idk.

I'M F2P. So yeah. :p

For f2p your choice is very limited, you could try safespotting something like lesser demons..but you can do ankous if you like.
Will take a huge load of time, you save more time by getting members for a month and then working irl in the hours you save training lol Razz

Gl.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Obzidian 7/7/2011, 4:24 am

- Skill you need help on: Range
- Level in the skill: 83
- Level goal: 90-99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 5m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Lessers

F2P RANGE.
Obzidian
Obzidian
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 7/7/2011, 11:28 am

Question is answered above your post.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kamikaze7523 9/7/2011, 8:16 pm

good guides ty

kamikaze7523
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Obzidian 10/7/2011, 6:39 pm

sorry, double post. And also no way to get mems, no card. But irl, I have over 1k or so to burn. :p
Obzidian
Obzidian
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire 12/7/2011, 9:14 am

- Skill you need help on: Firemaking
- Level in the skill: 57, I think
- Level goal: 99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 5-7m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Maples

How long do you think it will take me, WITHOUT botting? (in hours)
Fire
Fire
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12/7/2011, 9:24 am

Flin wrote:- Skill you need help on: Firemaking
- Level in the skill: 57, I think
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 5-7m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Maples

How long do you think it will take me, WITHOUT botting? (in hours)

Ah an easy one Razz
Firemaking is faster manually than with bots anyways, I'm sure of that.

It's around 95k Maples for you, you can burn 1000-1200 per hour (a bit more if you can do backwards firemaking, look this up on youtube if you're interested but its A LOT more clicking.)

So basically anywhere from 80-90 hours.

Goodluck Smile

Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire 13/7/2011, 7:35 am

5-6m, and 100 hours, for a 99.

Hmmm, I'd consider doing it for the skillcape, except that I'm planning on getting 99 attack, strength and defense, so no need.

So I guess I won't firemake, though I do need to get it to 71 for Korasis.

Okay, how many maples would 57-71 FM be?

Thanks!
Fire
Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hmm Ninja 13/7/2011, 7:45 am

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=firemaking_calc.htm
Hmm Ninja
Hmm Ninja
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zealva 23/7/2011, 6:18 am

- Skill you need help on: Crafting
- Level in the skill: 59
- Level goal: 70
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: cheap way would be nice but i don't mind.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: not to sure :/

~Zealva
zealva
zealva
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 23/7/2011, 7:22 am

zealva wrote:- Skill you need help on: Crafting
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: cheap way would be nice but i don't mind.

~Zealva

If you want to do it cheap but relatively fast you should look into smelting jewellery, such as bracelets, necklaces, amulets or rings.
A lot of the ones with gems can actually be made for profit, so to test which ones are good just do the maths.
Buy the supplies for all/some of them, smelt them and then sell them and see which one makes the most profit.

Goodluck Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by zealva 24/7/2011, 2:48 am

*Facepalm* wrote:
zealva wrote:- Skill you need help on: Crafting

~Zealva

If you want to do it cheap but relatively fast you should look into smelting jewellery, such as bracelets, necklaces, amulets or rings.
A lot of the ones with gems can actually be made for profit, so to test which ones are good just do the maths.
Buy the supplies for all/some of them, smelt them and then sell them and see which one makes the most profit.

Goodluck Smile

Thanks Very Happy ill try that method out and post my results Smile
zealva
zealva
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by prutsertjeeh 1/8/2011, 7:10 am

-Skill you need help on:Hunter
-Level in the skill:83
-Level goal:95+
-max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: i want to make money whit it :p
-the method you (think you should) use to train it: grenwalls/chins
prutsertjeeh
prutsertjeeh
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by w 4 l t 3 r 1/8/2011, 8:43 pm

- Skill you need help on: Magic
- Level in the skill: 64
- Level goal: 70-80
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: least amount possible. i have 5m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: probably alching or superheat for smithing exp too? I'm not sure. But if I alch what is the best item to alch without losing a lot of money? I'm f2p btw...

w 4 l t 3 r
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by kierren6 1/8/2011, 9:05 pm

skill you need help on:mining
level in the skill:57
level goal:99
max amount of cash you want to spend:nothing apart from dragon pick :L
method i think i should use:powermining iron atm

although i was just wondering what is the fastest xp i'm not botherd about money so just the fastest xp
kierren6
kierren6
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 2/8/2011, 2:20 am

Skill you need help on: Mining
Level in the skill: 74
Level goal: 77
Max amount of cash you want to spend: Nothing (apart from my Rune pickaxe)
Method I think I should use: No idea? Maybe power-mining iron or granite, but if with granite can you explain how that works (in detail?). I was there a long time ago, but honestly can't remember what it was like.

Thanks!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by OnceDead 3/8/2011, 9:22 pm

- Skill you need help on: Summoning
- Level in the skill: 46
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: As much as is needed.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I know nothing about Summoning, so I was hoping you'd help me out!

Okay, so first of all, what would be REALLY nice and what I haven't been able to find anywhere is something saying how many of each charms I will need for 99! And how many will I need for 96? (Everybody wants a Pak Yak :p) Also what monsters I should train on, knowing the following:
When I start trying to get 99 summoning, I'll have 99 strength. I'll have ~80 attack and defense, and 85 magic, and 70 range. I was hoping I could train these skills (especially attack and defense) while I got charms, so what do you think is the best method to train AND gain charms? Also this is hardly worth mentioning, but I have a bonecrusher, so the higher bones the creature drops the better. But as I said, thats hardly worth mentioning, as it isn't very important.
OnceDead
OnceDead
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 3/8/2011, 10:52 pm

Dang I missed any new posts on this topic somehow o.O My apologies people.

prutsertjeeh wrote:-Skill you need help on:Hunter
-Level in the skill:83
-Level goal:95+
-max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: i want to make money whit it :p
-the method you (think you should) use to train it: grenwalls/chins

http://www.smokinelite.com/t4813-ploow-s-pawya-grenwall-hunting-guide?highlight=grenwall
Best for you, goodluck Smile

w 4 l t 3 r wrote:- Skill you need help on: Magic
- Level in the skill: 64
- Level goal: 70-80
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: least amount possible. i have 5m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: probably alching or superheat for smithing exp too? I'm not sure. But if I alch what is the best item to alch without losing a lot of money? I'm f2p btw...

As f2p..you have VERY limited choice to alch with low cost.
Use the Alching spreadsheet on this topic (and +rep the guy Razz), right now Mithril Sq, chainbody and platebody seem your best options on there.
http://www.smokinelite.com/t3101-spreadsheet-guide-to-buyable-skills-a-must-see

kierren6 wrote:skill you need help on:mining
level in the skill:57
level goal:99
max amount of cash you want to spend:nothing apart from dragon pick :L
method i think i should use:powermining iron atm

although i was just wondering what is the fastest xp i'm not botherd about money so just the fastest xp

Fastest Xp would be granite mining with mousekeys (and lava titan if you can), it beats any other method but requires a lot of clicking, concentrated gold at 80+ is much better Razz

Doing iron powermining with a kyatt familiair is decent xp too.
This is because theres 3 rocks next to eachother and you can tele to bank and the spot quickly, so no dropping.
Check out this video for some more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgsaa0FAFF4&feature=related
Goodluck!

Kelly wrote:Skill you need help on: Mining
Level in the skill: 74
Level goal: 77
Max amount of cash you want to spend: Nothing (apart from my Rune pickaxe)
Method I think I should use: No idea? Maybe power-mining iron or granite, but if with granite can you explain how that works (in detail?). I was there a long time ago, but honestly can't remember what it was like.

Thanks!

For Granite mining check this video, iron power mining is in there too, goodluck Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgsaa0FAFF4&feature=related

OnceDead wrote:- Skill you need help on: Summoning
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I know nothing about Summoning, so I was hoping you'd help me out!

Okay, so first of all, what would be REALLY nice and what I haven't been able to find anywhere is something saying how many of each charms I will need for 99! And how many will I need for 96? (Everybody wants a Pak Yak :p) Also what monsters I should train on, knowing the following:
When I start trying to get 99 summoning, I'll have 99 strength. I'll have ~80 attack and defense, and 85 magic, and 70 range. I was hoping I could train these skills (especially attack and defense) while I got charms, so what do you think is the best method to train AND gain charms? Also this is hardly worth mentioning, but I have a bonecrusher, so the higher bones the creature drops the better. But as I said, thats hardly worth mentioning, as it isn't very important.

Your best choice would definitely be Slayer if you wanted to get Attack and Defence Xp. Most used option next to Barraging/bursting rock lobsters (which would take your magic to 99 aswell).
Its a bit hard to judge on how much you need, it depends on what you make/when you spend certain charms.
Alltogether its probably safe to say you need around 25-30k Crimsons, the rest of the charms in other colors will make up for it.
Summoning is definitely worth it and you'll raise your other stats while getting it too Smile
Goodluck and any further questions, feel free to post.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnieQuest 4/8/2011, 1:52 am

I love that I found this topic...>.>

- Skill you need help on: Construction / /Theiving
- Level in the skill: 75+ in all of them
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Near Unlimited
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:
Well, I here that mahogany tables are fast (700k+) consturction xp, but I'm not sure whether i should use a workbench to make them, or use a building hotspot, or what butler to use. Or is there a faster way to get 99 that I am not seeing.

I have no idea what do do for thieving. I here there is some monkey thing on ape toll that you can do, yet I'm not sure what level is the best to start it at.
JohnieQuest
JohnieQuest
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 4/8/2011, 1:55 am

Johnie I don't think Divine has any experience with Mahogany tables, so I'll help him out. Razz

According to all of the main sources (YT, high ranked players in Construction) Mahogany tables are indeed ~800K xp/hour. However, while training Construction to 99 (I used tables) I was able to achieve maybe 400K xp/hour max. The same is true for all the friends that I have asked about that... I'm not sure what we were doing wrong, but I personally don't know anyone that has managed 800K xp/hour. I'd suggest watching a YT video.
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 4/8/2011, 3:13 am

800k/h with SC hammers? Just throwing that out there.
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 4/8/2011, 9:19 am

Extravagance wrote:Johnie I don't think Divine has any experience with Mahogany tables, so I'll help him out. Razz

According to all of the main sources (YT, high ranked players in Construction) Mahogany tables are indeed ~800K xp/hour. However, while training Construction to 99 (I used tables) I was able to achieve maybe 400K xp/hour max. The same is true for all the friends that I have asked about that... I'm not sure what we were doing wrong, but I personally don't know anyone that has managed 800K xp/hour. I'd suggest watching a YT video.

Tormy you're a noob, I do have experience with Mahogany tables Razz

I love that I found this topic...>.>

- Skill you need help on: Construction / /Theiving
- Level in the skill: 75+ in all of them
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Near Unlimited
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Well, I here that mahogany tables are fast (700k+) consturction xp, but I'm not sure whether i should use a workbench to make them, or use a building hotspot, or what butler to use. Or is there a faster way to get 99 that I am not seeing.

I have no idea what do do for thieving. I here there is some monkey thing on ape toll that you can do, yet I'm not sure what level is the best to start it at.

You should use the building hotspot to make mahogany tables, you use a demon butler and your inventory has.
Mahogany planks (noted), hammer, saw, cash.
You use the planks on the butler and ask him to un-cert 24 of them.
Each time you have 6 planks in your inventory left, you take off the table and un-cert planks.
Right after you built a new table and removed that, the demon will give your new planks and you repeat.

I'm not sure what the best starting level for monkey knife fighters is either, I tried them at 82 Thieving last week and it seemed just fine.
You could also still try Pyramid Plunder for decent Xp, alternate between that and the monkeys and see which is best xp/hr for you for now.

Goodluck Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 4/8/2011, 1:53 pm

Daba wrote:800k/h with SC hammers? Just throwing that out there.

No, it's done without SC hammers.

@ Divine - When did you make Mahogany tables? Razz
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by OnceDead 4/8/2011, 3:41 pm

*Facepalm* wrote:
OnceDead wrote:- Skill you need help on: Summoning

Your best choice would definitely be Slayer if you wanted to get Attack and Defence Xp. Most used option next to Barraging/bursting rock lobsters (which would take your magic to 99 aswell).
Its a bit hard to judge on how much you need, it depends on what you make/when you spend certain charms.
Alltogether its probably safe to say you need around 25-30k Crimsons, the rest of the charms in other colors will make up for it.
Summoning is definitely worth it and you'll raise your other stats while getting it too Smile
Goodluck and any further questions, feel free to post.
Hey, thanks!
So just wondering, why is Slayer such a great option? Please note that I don't really care about training slayer up, or at least I don't care about it TOO much. I mean, it would be nice, but I don't really need it. Sure, the Slayer Helm comes in handy, but still... most of the monsters I'll get won't drop charms alot like Rock Lobsters or Waterfiends.

Also, here is another question: I am considering getting 99 defense on Ghouls before I go for the Summoning Exp. If I did that, I would only have 1 melee-combat 99 left to train for Summoning. Would 99 summoning get me more than 10m+ Attack Experience, and how much more?
OnceDead
OnceDead
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next