Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask all your skilling questions here!

+94
Daxaal
Paradijs
Sakanator
Curve Crush
Bom
VerMac
David Archie
diegohage
PvM Shredz
thespacebar
MyLifeIsMerch
Milan1899
pigs can fly
ZJXMad
larx
Igotmoney
Forsaken
bobsaget2
VitaminG
Google
Warlord
qwertyXz
thermal44
Tempo
Cloakraider
Jomama507
McGunthy
UbFreaky
Illusionist
Die4theHunt
Black
Inomonu
Mitch
Tawny779
syprs
Riolu
alik
Daba
JohnieQuest
OnceDead
Kelly
kierren6
w 4 l t 3 r
prutsertjeeh
zealva
Fire
kamikaze7523
Mr Zuidenaar
Obzidian
Sevar
spudmyster
aLetterbox
Princess Toon
emandemon
Begone13
Lucky
Hmm Ninja
official swag
TLW Aaron
Season
CharlieM
Sour Skittles
<3 Page <3
99flirt
MrDangari
God_Woration
Obese
Ranging
Cald
A Ninja
Grewmente
Beasley
ace123
Extravagance
I Tank Arma
sk8ter911
Forge1
D'n'B
weena king
jake j25
Elysian
h4xed
Cool
Calvin & Hobbes
panda-explosion
Core743
Alex711
NoBoysZone
Ghostim16
Broeder
w58658
Valinxh
cracker
Divine
98 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Broeder 4/8/2011, 3:44 pm

Sorry for intruding, but how is slay helmet useful if you dont slay?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Divine 4/8/2011, 5:16 pm

Extravagance wrote:
Daba wrote:800k/h with SC hammers? Just throwing that out there.

No, it's done without SC hammers.

@ Divine - When did you make Mahogany tables? Razz

75-78 Construction.

OnceDead wrote:
*Facepalm* wrote:
OnceDead wrote:- Skill you need help on: Summoning
- Level in the skill: 46
- Level goal: 99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: As much as is needed.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I know nothing about Summoning, so I was hoping you'd help me out!

Okay, so first of all, what would be REALLY nice and what I haven't been able to find anywhere is something saying how many of each charms I will need for 99! And how many will I need for 96? (Everybody wants a Pak Yak :p) Also what monsters I should train on, knowing the following:
When I start trying to get 99 summoning, I'll have 99 strength. I'll have ~80 attack and defense, and 85 magic, and 70 range. I was hoping I could train these skills (especially attack and defense) while I got charms, so what do you think is the best method to train AND gain charms? Also this is hardly worth mentioning, but I have a bonecrusher, so the higher bones the creature drops the better. But as I said, thats hardly worth mentioning, as it isn't very important.

Your best choice would definitely be Slayer if you wanted to get Attack and Defence Xp. Most used option next to Barraging/bursting rock lobsters (which would take your magic to 99 aswell).
Its a bit hard to judge on how much you need, it depends on what you make/when you spend certain charms.
Alltogether its probably safe to say you need around 25-30k Crimsons, the rest of the charms in other colors will make up for it.
Summoning is definitely worth it and you'll raise your other stats while getting it too Smile
Goodluck and any further questions, feel free to post.
Hey, thanks!
So just wondering, why is Slayer such a great option? Please note that I don't really care about training slayer up, or at least I don't care about it TOO much. I mean, it would be nice, but I don't really need it. Sure, the Slayer Helm comes in handy, but still... most of the monsters I'll get won't drop charms alot like Rock Lobsters or Waterfiends.

Also, here is another question: I am considering getting 99 defense on Ghouls before I go for the Summoning Exp. If I did that, I would only have 1 melee-combat 99 left to train for Summoning. Would 99 summoning get me more than 10m+ Attack Experience, and how much more?

I consider Slayer great because you can do a lot of tasks with a cannon too while training your melee stats and getting summoning charms. Also because Slayer varies a lot and isn't just camping 1 monster constantly.
You're suddenly naming rock lobster and waterfiends, but you said you wanted to train your attack and defence, whereas the best method for waterfiends requires strength mode attacks and rock lobsters don't train attack and defence at all.

As for your last question, it would be enough depending on where you'd train it.

Broeder wrote:Sorry for intruding, but how is slay helmet useful if you dont slay?

It isn't, except for when you need one of the items in it to protect you against a certain monster (like if you would camp dust devils for example)
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valinxh 4/8/2011, 5:28 pm

- Skill you need help on: Runecrafting
- Level in the skill: 60
- Level goal: 70
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: No idea, only way I know is nats but I figure there must be something faster at my level

- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 66
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Profit pl0x
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Herb runs, just wondering what herbs to do
Valinxh
Valinxh
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by alik 4/8/2011, 5:46 pm

niice

alik
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Riolu 4/8/2011, 6:01 pm

I'm having troubl e on farming. I try to plant potato seeds and then like I don't know when like 5 minutes later, the potatoes are dead. Sad need help.
Riolu
Riolu
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by OnceDead 4/8/2011, 7:55 pm

Spoiler:
Okay cool thanks! Okay, if I bursted rock lobsters for 99 summoning, using a Staff of Light and full Battle Robes (put together they save 50% of your runes) how much money do you think it would cost to get enough charms for 99 Summoning in terms of runes, how much time do you think it would take, and how much Mage Exp would it get me? (Like, would it be a whole lot more than 9m exp?)
OnceDead
OnceDead
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 4/8/2011, 9:05 pm

Valinxh wrote:- Skill you need help on: Runecrafting
- Level in the skill: 60
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: No idea, only way I know is nats but I figure there must be something faster at my level

- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 66
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Profit pl0x
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Herb runs, just wondering what herbs to do

Runecrafting: ZMI is best for you, look up guides on youtube to know how to do it, its by far fastest xp.
Farming: For profit do Snapdragons at your level, look at the guide in my signature Smile

Goodluck!

OnceDead wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay cool thanks! Okay, if I bursted rock lobsters for 99 summoning, using a Staff of Light and full Battle Robes (put together they save 50% of your runes) how much money do you think it would cost to get enough charms for 99 Summoning in terms of runes, how much time do you think it would take, and how much Mage Exp would it get me? (Like, would it be a whole lot more than 9m exp?)

1k Bursts = ±270 Crimson charms.
You can probably expect to need to do ±80-90k bursts if you want to do it all through bursting, the other charms will fill in the rest of the xp.

1k Bursts cost you ±700-800k? /2 with your gear is like 350-400k x ±85k.
So alltogether about 30-40M probably, cheap as hell Wink

1k Bursts = ±180k Xp so 85 x 180k = 15,3M xp.
I believe you can do ±600 bursts per hour so timewise it would be around 140 ish hours? not completely sure. (this one might be VERY off.)

Keep in mind all of these are rough estimates, I did my best.

Goodluck and I hope all my replies lead to something useful so it was worth the effort Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by syprs 4/8/2011, 9:21 pm

- Skill you need help on: Dung
- Level in the skill: 45
- Level goal: 55-60
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Doesn't Matter
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Anything that doesn't involve dung itself, things like penguins and quests. Anything come to mind?

syprs
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 5/8/2011, 12:43 am

syprs wrote:- Skill you need help on: Dung
- Level in the skill: 45
- Level goal: 55-60
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Doesn't Matter
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Anything that doesn't involve dung itself, things like penguins and quests. Anything come to mind?

I'll list the things I can think of, though its pretty ridiculous not to train it, will only get you stuck badly if you ever decide to do so Razz

- Effigies lamp after last stage
- XP lamps (random events or task sets completed)
- Penguins
- Tears of Guthix
- Opening resource dungeons after certain levels (check in the guide)
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tawny779 17/8/2011, 11:21 am

- Skill you need help on: Crafting =/
- Level in the skill: 72
- Level goal: 80
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1.5-2m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: d'hide?
Tawny779
Tawny779
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 17/8/2011, 12:55 pm

Tawny779 wrote:- Skill you need help on: Crafting =/
- Level in the skill: 72
- Level goal: 80
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1.5-2m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: d'hide?

With 1,5-2M, making d'hide armors is not an option, that will cost you a lot more.
Your best option is making jewellery, best with gems in them for faster xp.
Just check the cost of supplies and see what the result sells for, there are many of these you can make profit on.

Goodluck Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch 21/8/2011, 12:28 am

How long would it take for one to become maxed?! Very Happy

But seriously: How long should it take on average for a person to achieve 99 in fishing?
Mitch
Mitch
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 21/8/2011, 10:04 am

Mitch wrote:How long would it take for one to become maxed?! Very Happy

But seriously: How long should it take on average for a person to achieve 99 in fishing?

Depends completely on the methods you use, can't answer this.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 29/8/2011, 1:36 pm

- Skill you need help on: Strength
- Level in the skill: 96
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 3M
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: No clue, thats why i'm here

I'm looking for the best method/monster to train against
don't know if you need this but i'll put it here anyway
http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=mr+zuidenaar&submit=
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 29/8/2011, 4:10 pm

mr zuidenaar wrote:- Skill you need help on: Strength
- Level in the skill: 96
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 3M
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: No clue, thats why i'm here

I'm looking for the best method/monster to train against
don't know if you need this but i'll put it here anyway
http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=mr+zuidenaar&submit=

Either camp some monster or do Slayer, fairly simple choice tbh Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Inomonu 29/8/2011, 5:37 pm

- Skill you need help on: Fishing
- Level in the skill: 85
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: None, except maybe on bait.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: The thing is, I'm a skiller, thus Monkfish, and Living Rock Caverns aren't an option (I get killed SO much, due to being piled on by those things hitting 10s).
Inomonu
Inomonu

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 31/8/2011, 1:04 pm

Inomonu wrote:- Skill you need help on: Fishing
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: The thing is, I'm a skiller, thus Monkfish, and Living Rock Caverns aren't an option (I get killed SO much, due to being piled on by those things hitting 10s).

I know there are skillers who can enter Shilo Village, if you can that might be best for you.
You probably don't want to fish sharks as they are slow but thats always still an option.

Goodluck Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Black 31/8/2011, 1:16 pm

- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level goal: 94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: like 30mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:doing some cleans everyday but its hard to keep doing it to much effort
Black
Black
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D'n'B 31/8/2011, 2:48 pm

*Facepalm* wrote:

I know there are skillers who can enter Shilo Village, if you can that might be best for you.
You probably don't want to fish sharks as they are slow but thats always still an option.

Goodluck Razz

You can also try fishing at dungeon using complexity lvl 2.
D'n'B
D'n'B

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 31/8/2011, 3:46 pm

Black wrote:- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level goal: 94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: like 30mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:doing some cleans everyday but its hard to keep doing it to much effort

Your best choice would be to either make a lot of money or just stick with cleaning herbs.
You could also have a look at my guide here, but its not exactly fast Herblore xp Razz Good profit though:

http://www.smokinelite.com/t28572-high-alchemy-guide-the-best-spot
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Inomonu 3/9/2011, 9:04 am

*Facepalm* wrote:

Goodluck Razz

I'm afraid I can't. I have 10hp, and 1 on every combat skill.
Looks like it's 80k sharks for me!

Thanks anyway Smile
Inomonu
Inomonu

Back to top Go down

Post by Die4theHunt 14/9/2011, 8:50 pm

- Skill you need help on: Summoning
- Level in the skill: 39
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: as little as possible but whatever amount will do
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: i have no clue...

Die4theHunt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 14/9/2011, 9:03 pm

Die4theHunt wrote:- Skill you need help on: Summoning
- Level in the skill: 39
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: as little as possible but whatever amount will do
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: i have no clue...

Your best choice is to go do Slayer, that way you will train a variety of skill, increase your wealth and get charms along the way. Then just generally make the best pouches you can, but save your blue charms for later on, they are not worth using now.

Goodluck and let me know if you have any questions Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionist 14/9/2011, 9:41 pm

just an addition to inomonu.

Lvl 3's can enter shilo village. You need a friend for the quest i heard if u wanna beat it at lvl 3
Illusionist
Illusionist
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die4theHunt 14/9/2011, 9:50 pm

Oh cool alright Facepalm thanks a bunch

Die4theHunt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next